Amendment Notification dated 10th November, 2005
THE ASSAM GAZETTE
PUBLISHED BY AUTHORITY
GOVERNMENT OF ASSAM
ORDERS BY THE GOVERNOR
EDUCATION (ELEMENTARY) DEPARTMENT
N O T I F I C A T I O N
The 10th November, 2005
No. AEE. 153/2005/Pt/74 – In exercise of powers conferred under Rule 12 of Assam Elementary Education (Provincialisation) Rules, 1977 the following Amendment is made in the Assam Elementary Education (Provincialisation) Rules, 1977.
1. Definition : This Rules may be called the Assam Elementary Education (Provincialisation) (Amendment) Rules, 2005.
This will come into force from the date of publication in the official gazette.
2. (a). In principal Rules 2 the following shall be substituted as under :
viii. H. S. means Higher Secondary.
ix. HSLC means High School Leaving Certificate.
x. ‘Lower Primary School’ means the school imparting Education up to Class IV.
xi. ‘MIL’ means Modern Indian Language.
xii. ‘Upper Primary School’ means the Institution imparting Education upto Class VII including ME School or MV School or ME Madrassa or Senior Basic School individually or a combination of any two or three of or all the four categories of these institutions.
2. (b). In principal Rule 2 the clause ‘viii’ shall be re-numbered as (xiii).
3. (a) In the principal Rule 3 (i) as amended for clause 3(i) the following shall be substituted namely :
- In the month of January every year the Director of Elementary Education, Assam (hereinafter called DEE), shall invite applications in prescribed form to be submitted to as directed, through advertisement in news papers from desirous candidates prescribing minimum qualifications, number of vacancies, category-wise reservation for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes/Person with Disabilities/Sons and Unmarried Daughters of Retired Teachers and Ex-servicemen as prescribed by the Government from time to time.
3. (b) In the principal Rule in Rules 3 for clause (iii) the following shall be substituted namely :
(iii) Qualifications :
- Assistant Teacher : Minimum Qualification-Higher Secondary or any other Examination of Equivalent standard having 45% marks in any one of the qualifying Examination (Higher Secondary or HSLC) for general categories and minimum 40% marks for reserved categories shall be the minimum Qualifications for the posts of Assistant Teachers in Lower Primary and Upper Primary Schools.
- Hindi Teacher : HSLC Examination passed along with Hindi Visharad of Assam Rasstrabhasa Prachar Samiti or Higher Secondary (HS) Examination passed with Hindi as one of the subjects or equivalent theoreof.
- Arabic Teacher : Intermediate Examination passed under Madrassa Education Board, Assam or Higher Secondary Examination passed with Arabic as one of the subjects or equivalent theoreof.
- Language Teacher : Higher Secondary Examination passed with certificates of Language Examination from competent authority and Board Examination at the HS level.
- Science Graduate Teacher : B.Sc. from any recognized University.
Preference shall be given to trained candidates :
4. In the principal Rules in Rule (v) for the existing provision the following shall substituted namely Rule-(v).
(v) Selection Committee :
- There shall be a District Level Selection Committee (henceforth termed DLSC) in each education District constituted as follows :
A. An Eminent Educationist/Social Worker : Chairman/Chairperson
B. 7 Educationists and Social/Workers : Members
At least two each should be from Women and parents
And at least one should be from the weaker section to
No nominated by Govt.
C. The Deputy Inspectors of Schools of the District (All) : Members
under the District Elementary Education Officer
D. The District Elementary Education Officer of the : Member-Secretary
- The term of the nominated members shall be one year from the date of notification of the constitution of the Board. The term may, however, be extended by the Government for a period as deemed necessary by the Government.
- The Chairman/Chairperson of the DLSC may constitute as many Interview Committees, as he/she may think necessary from among the members of the DLSC to expenditiously deal with the large number interviews to be conducted and each Interview Committee may conduct interviews at more than one place as per convenience.
- Each Interview Committee shall have a minimum of two members out of which Chairman/Chairperson DLS/one nominated member of DLSC shall be the Chairman/Chairperson of the Interview Committee.
5. In the principal Rules (vi) for existing provisions the following shall be substituted namely :
(vi) Selection Procedure and Appointment :
(a) The Selection Committee